Saturday, July 10, 2010

WORK ANXIETY

Most people who have any type of work related anxiety typically have a 9 to 5 job at a brick and mortar establishment. However, a freelancer can have work related anxiety as well. I am experiencing it.

One of the places I freelance for pays ok, but the good part is they pay often. However, they expect a lot and the policies are so inconsistent that you can not be confident that each item you submit will be approved for payment. The people reviewing the work each have their own views about what your content should be and impose those views in their edits. As a result, I feel like it is a crap shoot for approval when I submit content.

This is why a feel axnious each time I attempt to write for this place. This month I really need to get over and get to writing for them because bills need to be paid dammit! Maybe admitting this anxiety will help me get it together. Or maybe I should create another strategy for dealing with this place. Let's see how writing the articles the same manner I would for any other client and then tweaking it for this specific client works?

Experiment is on. Pray for me all.

Geesh!

ETA: I don't edit my blog posts they are just raw how I feel at the moment, though I will spell check.

No comments:

Post a Comment