Monday, February 22, 2010

I Want My Spring Chicken Back!

I hear people joke about not being a spring chicken anymore as they get older. This statement is true because as we get older, it seems things that were effortless in our teens and twenties require more energy in our thirties and beyond. However, I always had energy for dancing, even being a large woman, I could at least last three songs before I got seriously winded.

This weekend I had an eighties moment listening to David Bowie's "Modern Love" that changed the status quo...

As soon as I heard the song I couldn't help myself, I had to get up and dance. Half-way into the song I could no longer sing along with it! My breathing became labored and I was feeling tired. I kept dancing though I was thinking, "Girl, you better shape up!"

2 comments:

  1. LOL I know the feeling, If I jog across the street to the mailbox I feel like I ran a mile and it takes me 5 minutes to start breathing right again. I've been doing lots of exercise with the Wii and really want to get the just dance game once I build up some stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our mind say YES and our body say NO. Which would you prefer?

    ReplyDelete